My Staff Twinkles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Staff Twinkles

Forum for the Feenix guild My Staff Twinkles

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fury Warrior - Raiding Essentials

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renbil
Admin

Fury Warrior - Raiding Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Fury Warrior - Raiding Essentials   Fury Warrior - Raiding Essentials EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Rotation:
Rage priority is as follows: Bloodthirst > Whirldwind > Heroic Strike - use Overpower only if you're low on rage and it's available or both BT/WW are on cooldown.

Make sure to have enough rage to use both BT and WW immediately after the cooldowns expire. Since our special attacks have cooldowns and each fight has a duration, DPS will be affected by how fast you use them. For instance, if you're using BT one second after the cooldown refreshes, you will be using BT only five times throughout a thirty-six second time frame, instead of six (cooldown on BT is six seconds, you can do the math), which will clearly stunt your DPS somewhat. The same applies to abilities of similar nature as BT/WW.

On the subject of our three minute cooldown, Death Wish should be used during the execute phase of a quick boss fight. On bosses that take awhile to down, DW should be use immediately upon engaging the boss and again once the cooldown has refreshed, preferably during the execute phase. Remember that it lasts for thirty seconds, so it'd be best to use it in a manner which utilizes the full duration, i.e. popping it at a percentage of your discretion and having the buff duration run out just before the boss dies.

Stats and Percentages:
- Dual-Wielding Fury is the only raiding spec
- minimum of 8% hit chance, strive for 13%+
- minimum of 30% crit chance in Zerker Stance
- 1 STR = 2 AP, get gear based on this notion
- STR = AP > Crit > Hit > Everything Else
- +10 weapon skill over the 300 cap will negate the damage penalty from glancing blows, Edgemasters Handguards are viable for axes, daggers, and swords.

On the subject of gearing, faster weapons lead to more rage generation, slower ones obviously don't. The only skill that benefits from high weapon damage is WW, which is negligible so DPS and weapon speed are the main attributes to look for in a weapon, second only to stats given. Items for fury warriors are sparse, so they aren't hard to choose from. Please consult the other fury warriors for any specifics concerning armor/rings/trinkets.

On the subject of consumables, they should be use primarily on bosses - the forum post beside this one lists the ones you can obtain and stack. Sharpening stones, Mongoose/Giants elixirs, dumplings, and firewater are mandatory for every AQ40 boss. I'm more lenient with BWL as we have that on farm, so using Mongoose and Giants elixirs is plenty. As for Flasks of the Titans, progression raids and Huhu'ran require them. Please ask if you're wondering about flasking for specific fights. You won't be expected to flask for a fight like Ebonroc or Chromaggus where melee dps take minimal damage.

On a closing not, the golden rule to being a DPS class is: DO NOT PULL AGRO, NOR DIE. You should have the addons KTM (threat meter) and Big Wigs (WIP Edition) to minimize your deaths throughout a raid.
Back to top Go down

Fury Warrior - Raiding Essentials
Page 1 of 1